Newest Post Posted by: admin Date: 08 Oct 2013 0 Comment
Carpet is a major investment for any home. Most of the homeowners have various misconceptions regarding carpet cleaning and general carpet care. Following the right carpet cleaning procedures, the residential or commercial property owners can achieve the best carpet cleaning results. There are certain carpets cleaning myths that have been identified as misconceptions among people due to which they fails to achieve a higher level of proper carpet care maintenance. These myths are:
• Carpet is expensive and harder to maintain: Many people think that carpets are more expensive as well as difficult to maintain when compared to hard floor surfaces. However, this is not true, a properly maintained carpet just needs vacuuming once or twice a week. On the other hand, hard floor surface requires regular cleaning, sweeping, mopping, waxing, etc., which makes the task more laborious and costly.
• Carpet produces allergic reactions: Many people have this common misconception that carpets that have latex produces allergic reactions. In reality, carpet may have no effect on allergies. According to some study, carpet rooms are actually having lower levels of dust-borne allergens than rooms with hard surface floors. The latex that holds the fibers and backing together in broadloom carpet is synthetic. Allergic reactions are generally caused by the proteins found in natural latex. Synthetic latex is totally different from natural latex and is not associated with the allergic reactions.
• Mold and mildew can grow in carpet: This is another myth that most of the people have in their mind. In actuality, mold and mildew can grow only when there is excess moisture and dirt coupled with the poor cleaning and maintenance habits. Eliminating and controlling sources of excessive moisture such as water leaks and humidity with good quality carpet cleaning equipment can greatly offset the potential for mold to grow.
• There is health risks associated with carpets: Some people have this misconception in their mind that the chemicals that are usually used in the manufacturing of the carpets have health risks associated with them. The truth is that, carpets are a very simple product in which the threads that are commonly used are wool, nylon, polyester or polypropylene. The other materials used in carpets are backing material which is usually polypropylene and then there is glue. The glue is synthetic latex that doesn’t cause any health risks.
• Formaldehyde is used in carpets: This is not true, no formaldehyde has been used anywhere near the carpet manufacturing process. It is not used in the manufacturing process of carpets and not emitted from new carpet.
So, these are some of the most common myths and misconceptions. Knowing all these factors, homeowners can come to the conclusion that carpets are a good investment that can add many years of durability, if properly cleaned and maintained.
Richard Arbuckle is a blogger specializing in topics related to home improvement. He has been managing his own carpet cleaning operations for a long period of time. He is more interested towards sharing his insights and useful information related to carpets like how to choose carpet, carpet cleaning equipment, issues related with carpet cleaning, etc.
Gym Floor Covers: Best Option to Protect Your Gym Floors There are certain equipments that are needed to be used in the gym room in order for it to function as efficiently as possible. Those equipments may include floor coverings as well as divider curtains that can protect both your gym floor as well as efficiently divides the space that are used to carry out ...
Improve the Home Entrance with Appropriate Vastu Shastra There are certain places within a home, which requires special attention. The entrance to a home is one of the most vital parts. This part is not only responsible for a person to make the first impression about a home, but also acts as the gateway to different energies.
Many people around the world try to ...
DISCLAIMER: SCD provides the www.samanthachungdesigns.com website as a service to the public and the owner of this website. Although the information provided in this website has been carefully researched, SCD shall always do its best to provide its readers with accurate and updated information. The contents in this site are expressly written solely of the opinion and suggestion of SCD. While the information contained within the site is periodically updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided in this website is correct, complete, and up-to-date. No independent audit has been hired to perform and confirm the validity or accuracy of the information. SCD is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information within this site. The SCD website may include links providing direct access to other Internet resources, including websites, SCD is not responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained in these sites. Links from SCD to third-party sites do not constitute an endorsement by SCD of the parties or their products and services. The appearance on the website of advertisements and product or service information does not constitute an endorsement by SCD, and SCD has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers.
Angela Wong |
Find us on Google+